Friday 26 March 2010

Once upon a time in the west, in October...

One saturday night, beginning of October, Mayola Manor, Clapton, London, a night of performances, I'm with you curated and hosted by Johanna Lindsey and Christa Holka.




In the garden, the same speaker cables that were used previously in the forest, for some obscure recordings, were installed and hung to the branches of the bushes. I tried to write the words "instead of killing me..." using cable-ties for speaker-cable letters.
Then, I tried to hide a pair of speakers in the bushes, at the entrance of the garden.
In a boite camouflee, connected through the speaker-cable letters, an audio system playing the piano piece "instead of killing myself", creating a specific atmosphere, some kind of pre-contextualisation, un avant-gout of the performances.


No comments: