Saturday 22 March 2008

Dark Lights

Looking "through the window" is a reference to italian renaissance paintings, where in the background of portraits, a window frame was painted, opening the scene to a landscape, giving depth to the initial work.
As one of my favorite "passe-temps", it is a theme I like to develop in music, staring at the outside world, and apprehending it through a frame, listening and re-imagining a musical landscape, repositioning myself through a certain aesthetic point of view.
The idea of creating a situation from different elements, images and sounds, remains as a dialectic exercise in my work and adding sounds to images gives the same depth as a background landscape in a portrait.
This approach leads me to explore paradoxes, dissonances, curious disharmonies, oxymoronic situations and suggestions.

video and sound © copyright by Barbara Lambert 2008

1 comment:

DDD9651E20AA said...

I really like this piece, the drive taken out of its context and the indefinable sound make it both blissfully peaceful and slightly anguishing.
I feel like I'm loosing conscience in the back of the car and outside is only lights and darkness.